www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

QLD robot display
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Author    Thread
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

It feels like it has been forever since our last event in Kilkivan. It will be good to catch up with everyone again.

Marauder will have it's batteries charged this weekend. All of the little bugs from last event have been sorted. This event will be Marauder's last for me. The next time it ventures out, it will have a competant owner.

This is the last weekend for the quick drive around to make sure everything is ready to go.

@Andrew A, please let me know if you have any particular needs before the event.

There are facilities to play DVDs in house if anyone has some good robot videos to play. Keep in mind that there may be some younger people there when choosing videos to bring.

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:41 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Unfortunately due to family commitments, I'll be unable to attend Crying or Very sad I hope you guys have a lot of fun and get some people interested. I'll probably spend the weekend in the shed anyway...

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:45 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

That is sad. You would be very good at explaining the robots to the young people. Please let us know if anything changes in your commitments between now and then. You can always pack the family in the boot and come anyway.

Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:24 am 
Knightrous
Site Admin

quote:
You can always pack the family in the boot and come anyway.

Nah, it's a case of the family will be away and I've gotta run the place Razz

Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:29 am 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

Wedge the horses under the bonnet of your car.

Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:31 am 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Already have a 130 under there... Not much room for more Cool I'll probably be in the shed working on some parts anyway... Best of luck with the exhibition Smile

Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:34 am 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Ok as its getting closer can every one who is comeing post and let us know if you are comeing and also let us know what bots you will be bringing .

As its going to be more of a demo i think we can probaly waiver the rules of one bot one driver .

(thats only iff every one agrees, this is not to suit my self as i hapily let others drive my bots ,its more to get as many bots there as we can )

I will be bringing down Sproing ,Heamorage, vl ,with no teeth or rubber ones iff we think its safe enough and every one agrees else it will just run wiht the disc disconected,.the Cheese and posibly T2M .

Im not sure how many drivers will be comeing with me but i will give some of the interested crowd a drive of the ones that dont have drivers

.(builders with out bots will get first choice)

Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:10 am 
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

My brother should have Hellcat reassembled by then.

I want to take both Sidwinder and Avenger, but both need work on their drive motor mounts and electronics. I only have enough speedo's for one robot. so I'll work on getting Sidewinder done first and then make the esc's plug n playable so I can swap them around in a few minutes.

Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:22 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

Dave said today that the young people are looking forward to the robot display. He said he wants to run it from 12 noon until 4 pm.

It would be a great way to promote the hobby if we can let other people drive our bots. The safer low energy bots can be shown off up close. We can find interesting ways of showing off the more powerful bots down the field somewhere away from people and property maybe.

There is a video projector and screen at the church to show off our fights. I will probably have one camera permenantly displaying the fights and maybe we can record it on two or three cameras and mix it up in post. We would want some good footage if we are going to put a propper ad to air to attract other interested people from the Brisbane area. We can run the other DVDs through the plasmas at the same time.

There is a PA system available if someone feels up to giving a running commentary. Aaron would have been perfect for this job.

I can be at the venue as early as you like to set up and everything. I might go in and drag up the yellow tongue and sleepers on Friday to make less work for Saturday. There is a groundsman onsite. I have arrived at 5.30 am and found him up and about. AFAIK we don't have any hard and fast time that we have to be out by. Everyone there is prety relaxed and casual. Noone will get uptight if we are still packing up and they need to do something in the building.

There are stacks of folding tables for pit tables. I am thinking of putting the tables into an area that is boardered on three sides which will naturally prevent people from walking through the area. We can lay out some ground rules as far as not allowing people to touch the robots without the owner's permission. We can exclude them entirely from the area if the spectators become a problem.

Last edited by Philip on Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:19 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Do we have to be packed up and out of there by 4?

Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:34 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

We are probably OK so long as we aren't still going and making a lot of noise at 9 o'clock the next morning.

Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:57 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

no worries was just thinking the hall might have been booked for something else that night and have to rush to pack up like the last Brisbane event

Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:24 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

If there is something on Saturday night it will probably start at 7.30 pm so that should give us heaps of time. Noone will be pushing us to leave.

Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:28 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

quote:
There is a PA system available if someone feels up to giving a running commentary. Aaron would have been perfect for this job.

Nah, my running commentary contains too much swearing in it... I blame Marauder... Cool

Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:36 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Ive been getting a few diferant robots ready to do demo's for the event. So far the Cheese Schreder is ready as well as Sproing ,Heamorage ,Vertical Limits ,T2M and T T T with out the rotor motor and rotor its running servo switching T2M has my origonal home made controlers in it . Hopefully i get my Ibcs Back next week so i can fit them in Sproing and Heamorage .

How is every one else going with their bots ?

Post Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:24 am