www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Off-Topic

Casual Games
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Author    Thread
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Casual Games

For anyone with excessive amounts of spare time, recent developments in casual gaming technology Wink will now allow you to spend hours more time persuing ultimately useless but nonetheless entertaining and fun distractions..

Courtesy of the #1 productivity impacters of the world.. PopCap Games.. comes their new insanely fun and addictive production.

"Plants vs Zombies"

Quite possibly the most ridiculous idea for a game that I've ever seen, it still manages to be so amazingly fun that you'll be seeing Zombies in your Sleep..

Will your wall of Flame boosted Gatling Peashooters take down the bucket-head zombie wave before they manage to break through your pumpkin patch and eat your brains ? Or should you back it up with some Kernel-Pults to throw melted butter on their heads while the Hypno Shrooms turn the football Zombies into your Allies ? Oh, watch out for the Zombie Bobsled Team too.

Of course, if the action is a bit too intense, you can do some slow paced puzzles, time out and chill in your Zen Garden, growing flowers, make some money, purchase some extra heavy duty plant weaponry seeds (from Crazy Dave's, your neighbour) to plant then return to the battlefield to lob your newly frozen watermelons at them Smile

If that sounds crazy to you, you aint seen nuthin yet. Smile
Game Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHAbHz8iYHc
Music Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N1_0SUGlDQ

Get it at

http://www.plantsvszombies.com/

Free trials available.. (they say the first one is always free Wink )

If you've never been exposed to a Popcap game before, and value your spare time, dont click that link !! Pretend you never read this. For everyone else.. I dare you to play it for 1/2hr and then stop. Twisted Evil But dont say I didnt warn you. Students with Exams.. stay away !!

These guys build the most amazingly detailed, colorful, simple fun and extremely addictive games ever unleased upon unsuspecting surfers. Previous classics, Heavy-Weapon (Atomic Tank), Bejewelled, Atomica, Dino-Mite etc etc..

..."Theres a zombie on your lawn.. we dont want zombies on our lawn"..
Smile

Post Wed May 20, 2009 9:52 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Knightrous
Site Admin

Will add this to my collection of time wasting games like Cloudphobia and Mono Smile

Post Wed May 20, 2009 11:26 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Read the comments on the youtube trailer video
Cool

Post Thu May 21, 2009 2:13 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

Dont mean to highjack the thread but can anyone suggest a few good shooter games like scifi future style.

Got a gtx260 card.

I have completed restisance and resistance 2 on ps3 and rather liked them now almost finished my new pc and id like some suggestions.

Post Wed May 27, 2009 6:37 pm 
andrew

isnt sci fi but Left for Dead is a nice one.

i love it that there sales pitch is "fight hordes of zombies" Very Happy

Post Wed May 27, 2009 9:26 pm 
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

I think it rated no1 on a few sites ill give it a go cheers.

Any more suggestions?

Post Wed May 27, 2009 9:33 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

Fallout3 Razz It's heaps in depth for a shooter. Crying or Very sad My computer can't run it and i bought the game for 100 bucks!

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Wed May 27, 2009 9:36 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

boat simulator is the one for you XD

http://www.shipsim.com/home.php

will keep you entertained for...

seconds.

Post Wed May 27, 2009 9:53 pm 
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

BAaaaaaaaAaa haaaaaa HA HAaaa haaaaaaAaaaaAAAAaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaa Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Wed May 27, 2009 10:16 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Left4Dead to me was and still is a waste of time. Theres like 5 guns, 4 types of enemies and a handful of levels. To me it's a poorly done mod, not worth the class of stand alone game. Evil or Very Mad If you like zombie killing goodness, play Resident Evil games, or try out Nazi Zombie mod for COD5.

Fallout 3 on the other hand is wicked! Highly recommended!

Post Wed May 27, 2009 10:24 pm 
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

MMMMM cant wait till i get the 23 inch full hd screen and sony sterio all hooked up for game play Cool

chik chik BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

Shocked

Post Wed May 27, 2009 10:33 pm 
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

I have a 24" wide screen, I was meant to have 2 but the shop said one had a dead pixel and was returning it.
:-<
1920x1200

and a 19" for the moment.

Post Thu May 28, 2009 11:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Bort
Experienced Roboteer

Well you did provide a disclaimer Brett, but still I'm not happy. My wife and I are now both addicted to that bloody game. Smile

Post Sun May 31, 2009 11:46 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Hehe.. Warned you ! Laughing

Its an unusually good achievement of popcap to have made a game that seems to appeal to women just as much as men.

Dont worry, the additction usually only lasts a few weeks. If you go hard at it, you should have chewed your way through most of the levels within that time, and after that the addiction backs off to a "fire it up every now and then for a quick game level:.. Smile I'm sure that a few weeks after that you should be free of it altogether. (snigger)

If you're suffering because of the addition and want to hurry things along, there is a "trainer" cheat application out there that will give you unlimited sun, money, instant recharging plants, unlimited tree food and what not, allowing you to launch the equivalent of nuclear weapons (6 rows of Winter Ice Melons and Unlimited Cherry Bombs and Jalapeno Peppers !!) upon the hapless zombies, which should break the addiction fairly quickly.

But that takes away the challenge and spoils the fun Smile, so unless you're about to get sacked/divorced/fail school or something, you can just Grin and Enjoy it while it lasts - It will stop eventually. Smile

This was my best effort without cheating before I gave up and got the trainer..

(Ignore the weapon seed load at the top, they were just random choices I took to get the screenshot
- not a reccomended mix - as you can probably tell by the lawn flora)

Of course, then theres the rest of the Popcap range of games to explore if you're a masochist or something. Although good as their previous efforts are, I dont think any of them have come close to the P.V.Z. level for addiction rating.

Whats that ?? You want the Trainer Antidote NOW ?
How much are you willing to pay for it ? mwuahahaha Twisted Evil

Post Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:06 am 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

robot wars training simulator Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypOY8TXBhvc

when they come out with a decent multiplayer version it should be awesome Very Happy

Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:36 pm