www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> General Chatter

wheelchair power assist
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Author    Thread
andrew

Hey all,

Im a very stubborn proud man and have worked multiple jobs over the years to provide for the better half but i must swallow my pride and ask for help.

My partner has been fitted for a manual chair but its $3000. I usually front all bills myself but im struggling to not lose money every fortnight the way things are going.

We are doing all we can to scrape the money together and have started this

http://www.gofundme.com/4sscwc

If you can donate 5 or 10 bucks or whatever you can spare every little bit helps or if not just share it around on facebook or whatever thatd be amazing.

Post Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:29 pm 
seanet1310

I never knew a manual chair would cost so much. Hopefully one day the Government will start being a little more useful.
All the best with the fundraising Welch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp8hvyjZWHs

Post Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

That GoFundMe site isn't working with PayPal for me; can you PM me the paypal account name so I can send something directly?

Post Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:06 pm 
maddox

I second Nick's question. A PM can do wonders. Smile

Post Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
andrew

Hey all,

THANK YOUUUU so much to anybody who has donated to this. It will help so much. Less in debt ill be considering rego and insurance are next month and barely breaking even covering bills (its rough but shes worth it Razz).

Its a race against the clock as shes struggling to walk to the bus stop as it is now so im stressed and frantic getting money for this chair, repairing a power chair work is giving me to have at home full time (mainly just so she can head down local shops and back really as local terrain isnt good for a manual chair) and in next few weeks building a ramp down the three stairs out the front (if anybody has experience please help)

If anybody has a spare 10 or 20 please donate. You know i wouldnt be asking unless i was absolutely desperate.

A few people have had issues with the online thing so as a backup you can paypal biovenomimagery@hotmail.com.

Thanks, now back to secondary job hunting and try and scrape some moolah together.

Post Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:21 pm 
maddox

Thanks for the paypal data.

I did my part

Post Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
andrew

Hey all,
Due to recent dedundancy ima be spamming this up again if anybody has a spare couple bucks

My boss had no choice due to main funding body not funding any dissability equipment. Apparently they have this idea that sticking people with disabilities in second hand piece of shit chairs thats not measued to fit the person at all and thats been sitting in a warehouse for years is acceptable. So due to the company struggling to make ends meet due to this he had to make me redundant for now to save money. He didnt want to do it and i didnt want to go but his hands were tied and i understand the reasons behind it.

Upside is got a nice payout but now trying to find some more work to keep me going to this little extra money doesnt waste away instantly.

So Kristys wheelchair is ordered, ive paid the 1.5 g deposit to get it ordered and here, in 4-6 weeks when it arrives ill have to pay the rest of it. Now im hopeing ill have some form of work by then but ask if anybody can spare 20 bucks every bit helps. Less financially crippled ill be and all. If you cant assist please email it to friends/family, share it on facebook, twitter, whatever. I was hopeing to sort the rest out now but financially have to put majority of things on lockdown until i get another stable source of income.

To everybody who has donated off this forum i am thankful beyond words , it really does mean alot.

Thanks for any help guys

Post Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:26 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Not sure if your still looking for an assist mechanism, but this one popped up on HaD.

https://hackaday.io/project/7221-hand-drive

Post Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:32 pm