www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Builders Reports

Tim - Team Reaper - Vic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21

Author    Thread
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

Well after 8 hours of cbf i did bugger all with reapers frame just welded some little bits on but mostly just planned what would be welded on next.

For some reason i cant weld for shit lately lol.

Dont have much steel to work with so some bits are a bit bulky and yer look a bit stupid but meh itl work Laughing

Id like to make the frame a little more simple but its not turning out that way so ill just beef it up as much as i can so i hopefully don't have to build it again if it were to get all bent up.

Post Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:04 pm 
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

WOOOOOO TEST DRIVIN!!

Man this thing go's lol only use half stick most of the time untill you want to ram or attack lol i can wheel spin on the carpet.

Very happy with the results drove around for about 20mins but didn't want risk over discharging the cells so stopped there.

Might have to buy some kind of low voltage cut off.

So far i have rate limited the speed to 65% so its faster then most bots but drivable once i get used to driving it ill prob whack it up to 100% when im good at driving half stick so then i can surprise slam other bots lol Very Happy

EDIT

Still waiting on spare xxl to come in the mail that i brought 5 & 1\2 weeks aggo from robotpower im tipping good ol post system has lost it Evil or Very Mad

Post Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:27 pm 
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

Hey guys its been forever. been busy with life and all, changing jobs, other projects etc.

Having more space, tools, disposable income these days i decided to get back into RoboWars as project cars are well expensive and take up space and i have been itching to build more things and really liking fabricating more and more with all my other projects.

It seems these days people are using facebook for team pages etc. i may just post simple updates here with links to a team page on facebook.

Post Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:00 am 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Welcome back Tim!

Forums are a bit bare these days due to Facebooks, but this truly is the place where history stands and all the good discussion is kept Cool

Any plans for a new bot?

Post Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:15 pm 
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

Yeh mate i still want to start where i left off with a drum bot.

So far have some parts coming and some sitting in a box next to me.

Going to try be a little more hands on shed fabricating this time around since i have more tools and skills. do most of the machining myself.

I have some hobbyking 80a escs which i will attempt to flash with simonk as i would like to dabble and learn some basic hacking/programming as the hardware/tools and programs these days seem a little more user friendly easy to get and for beginners like me i could possibly get my head around it. its also cheap. no more spending $300-$500 just on big bulky escs.

Got some prop drive 4238 motors coming which i will mate to banebots p61 16:1 gearboxes and most likely 4" wheels.

The 4248 i see are recommended for drive by some people but the 4238 seems to be reliable in bots i have seen on the net and smaller shorter and lighter, i may have to limit the tx to like 80% throttle but will see.

i have a pair of panther batteries 6s, two 1000mah little bricks i will run in parallel again the idea for ease of body design and placement of parts.

The body i will plasma cut out of steel and weld together.
the idea is use hardox or something tough and easy to get a hold of. and some uhdpe here and there possibly. stuff you can do without a mill and most people could make with basic shed tools.

big brushless weapon motor ordered.

My plan is to build small compact reliable drive built like a brick then design the drum to fit the weight left. It wont be brick like in shape.

The large weapon motor idea is constant chewing at the other robots not necessarily building a heavy drum for big hits more so constant attack and fast spin up/re spin up.

Got a frysky qx7 coming, i liked my old dx9 pro i used to own.
The qx7 was a good price and well looked better then most other similar priced or cheaper controllers.

Will be designing with good old Cardboard and mdf aided design.

Post Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:33 pm